Monday, February 4, 2013

Written Jan 31, 2013 11:15am           
Today is a much better day. I actually slept for almost 6 hours straight last night...and woke up with no pain this morning. I actually left my little chateau for a few hours this morning. Mom took me to pay for wedding cake, wedding rentals, a stop at the bank and a brief visit to the the bridal salon so she could get a glimpse of my dress. I feel like I've run a marathon and am now snuggled in my bed with my new snuggle buddy Tami and Jason sent me yesterday (I'll post a picture). Yesterday, I noticed that I was able to stand and put on a pair of pj bottoms without falling over..I know that seems small..but I haven't been able to do that in years. I can also stand in one spot without rocking back and forth on my feet trying to keep my balance..I feel like a new, balanced person. Part of me is afraid to trust the changes....afraid they won't last...I know for certain I will never take things like balance, hearing and clear vision for granted ever again. I've not had a dizzy spell since surgery either. Last night I was complaining to Bob about the pain, as it got severe for just a few minutes...and today I'm thinking how ungrateful I am to complain so. Things could be much worse.Instead of complaining, I need to keep reminding myself how fortunate I am and how miraculous it is to be where I am just 8 days after brain surgery. So..if you catch me complaining...tell me to be quiet and count my blessings. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment