Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Feb. 15, 2013

I've spent the day doing nothing. I haven't even done the dishes. Bob is taking me to dinner tonight at 135 Prime, my favorite restaurant in Waco. I was so tired from yesterday that I didn't want to push it and be too tired for our dinner out. So, I've watched Eat Pray Love twice today and napped. I still have the headache. This is day 3, but its not too bad. I'm giving it until Monday. If its not completely gone, I'll call Dr. Kim. The lymph node is almost gone..and I feel like I'm speaking a little better. Mom is coming back next week to help me work on some wedding issues, or at least to force me to make a few decisions. One problem with Chiari is trouble with decision making. I really don't see an improvement in that symptom..and I've got less than 60 days until the big day. I can't believe I'm such a lucky girl.
Today, there was a contest on the internet. To enter you had to answer the question, "If you could stay any age for the rest of your life, what age would that be?"
I thought really hard..for about 5 seconds before answering (the prize is a Le Creuset pot):
"I would stay the age I am now, 44. The past year has been the most wonderful and most frightening of my life. I fell in love with an amazing man that loves and supports me through everything. He encourages me to not only have dreams, but to do all I can to make them a reality. Then, I was diagnosed with Chiari and faced brain surgery. The months and weeks of searching for the right neurosurgeon and living with the increasing symptoms, and then going "under the knife" were horrible...but he loved me through it...every day...every tear...every fear.   Now I have just to heal and have a better life than ever before...and I have the perfect person to share it with." 
I must say, I laughed at all of the people that said, "I'd be 21 again"..Ha! No Way...
Now..I have to go start slowly getting ready. I have a date..and for the first time in 3 weeks..I'd like to look pretty.
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment