Monday, February 4, 2013

Written Feb 1, 2013 7:40am by Michele Robinson (Duffey)
Okay..I had a pity party last night. My bandage was half off, so Bob removed it..and even though I knew what the incision would kind of look like, I had a complete breakdown when I saw it. I mean..I sobbed like a baby. I had to apologize to Mom and Bob later for being so silly and vain. (and I recalled the quote from a Chiari blog: "You know you have Chiari when your biggest concern about BRAIN surgery is how you will fix your hair afterward.") I could have an incision in the front, or my enitre head could be shaved..or worse..I could have an illness with no available treatment. Again, I had to reel myself in and look for the positives.
As far as recovery, pain was better-or maybe just different yesterday. Dr. Kim called late yesterday afternoon and said to "hang in there..it should get better from here". So..I'm hanging in ..and counting my blessings. Today Mom and I are going to venture out of the house again and I'm looking forward to it.
..It looks horrible, but with my hair down..it's like it never happened...well..almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment