Friday, March 8, 2013

ShareTweetTweet
Written Mar 4, 2013 7:11pm by Michele Robinson (Duffey) -moved from CaringBridge
          
PT was so bad today that I've literally been on thesaurus.com looking up words to use to describe my physical therapist. Maybe I should call him, "The physical therapist formerly known as Neil" because I really want to call him a masochistic, truculent, torturous Nazi. It was an hour of some scene from a Medieval dungeon (except for the headband with the laser pointer on it..no dungeon ever had such a weapon). He started with craniosacral therapy...which can better be described as "painful touching" of my neck and shoulders. When I could take no more, he plastered the headband with the laser pointer on my head and made me follow dots on a board on the wall, back and forth, up and down, and these crazy hyperbolas in strange directions (granted, none of these movements moved my head more than an inch in any direction--but I think it was still evil). Then, when he saw I could take no more, he said, "That's enough for today, lets do a little electrotherapy before you go." (Gee, thanks Neil..way to show some sympathy.) He started my electrotherapy for 15 minutes, however, since I had tears in my eyes after the first 5 minutes, he kindly cut it back to 8). He said to "hang in there"...this is necessary to get to where I need to be.   So, needless to say, I came home, crawled into bed, medicated myself...and here I am. I'm so sore I can hardly bare to move my arms, neck and head, I don't even want to move my mouth to talk. So that, in a lengthy nutshell was my PT experience today. Go me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment