Sunday, May 4, 2014

2nd ASAP Support Group Meeting May 3, 2014


New Member, LaTonya and I.

New Member, Taren and I.  Taren becomes a Zipperhead May 13, 2014.
(Not sure why this captured my cell phone info)

Our fearless leader (and my sweet friend) Simone..with my birthday cake!
Yes they did the very sweet..and embarrassing..singing thing.
Very special..Thanks Guys!

Five new members this meeting! 

Vonda welcoming new member, Cherrilynn (hope I spelled that correctly)

So much to share and learn in such a brief time!

Add caption

Our Brain Crunch Brunch  Group
and a quick thank you to my husband, Bob, not pictured because he was the photographer!

Our second meeting was yesterday.  I was thankful to be able to go.  I will admit, I was also glad to get back home and into bed, where I stayed the rest of the afternoon and evening.
There is so much to learn from the experiences of others. We all have something important to share.
I left this meeting with the same warm feeling as when I left the first.
No, not with a fever.
I left with the feeling that something remarkable just happened.
I hope everyone felt that way.
I don't know how to describe the feeling of looking into someone else's eyes and seeing love like this.
It's different than romantic love, or parental love.
There is an empathy, an understanding, a bond.

If you live in an area with no support group, I urge you to start your own.  I know there are groups online, but there is such a difference when you are face to face with actual, real human beings.
The isolation of this condition can be horrific.
I feel very alone most all the time.
Reach out to others and make a difference.
I'm so glad I said, "Yes!" when Simone asked if I'd join her in this.
Someone is out there waiting for you to make the first bold move.
Do it- You will be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment